Contractual Employee Temporary Parking Permit
The world of DC parking permits is complex and almost impossible to understand even for lifetime Washington, D.C. residents. We are well-versed in all of the rules governing parking permits and can help you determine what parking permit you need, what you need to get that parking permit, and how to renew it once it’s time.
Is This the Right Parking Permit for You?
The DC DMV issues temporary contractual employee parking permits to contractors working on a District residence in a neighborhood that is zoned for Residential Parking Permits. These permits are free of charge from the DMV and good for 15 days at a time. In order to renew a contractual employee temporary parking permit, all of the same information will need to be resubmitted again.
United States Vehicle Registration Service can help you obtain this permit if:
- You have a contractor working on your home
- Your contractor has a vehicle with commercial tags in the company’s name
What If I Live Somewhere That Doesn’t Have Restricted Residential Parking?
Since your neighborhood does not require RPPs, your contractor will not be eligible for a temporary parking permit, but they will not need one to park in unrestricted areas.
If you need to obtain a contractual employee parking permit, US Vehicle Registration Service will need the following from you:
- 2 photocopies of your DC driver’s license
- A statement from you (the residential property owner) certifying that construction, plumbing, or some other type of contractual work is being performed on the property, along with the estimated length of the project (if you plan on the contractor working at your home for longer than 15 days, it’s fine to note that on the original application and then update it when you resubmit for renewal after the 15-day mark)
- The vehicle registration for the contractor’s commercial vehicle, which must have commercial vehicle tags
- Proof of valid vehicle insurance for the commercial vehicle
- The temporary contractor parking permit will come with a sticker that looks like a registration sticker, but it is strictly temporary and should be placed on the dash on the driver’s side of the vehicle
Contractual Employee Temporary Parking Permits Are Easy with United States Vehicle Registration Service
United States Vehicle Registration Service is built around one concept—that your time is much better spent anywhere but the Department of Motor Vehicles. We have mastered simplifying complex DMV processes and confusing instructions into a seamless process that we’ll handle from start to finish. Whether you need a reciprocity parking permit or DC inspection services, we will come to you and take care of your task with same-day service available. We specialize in helping our valued customers in Washington, D.C. including Tenleytown, Palisades, and Van Ness. If you need a D.C. Contractual Employee Parking Permit, just give us a call! We’d love to give you back your time.