Every DC driver has the right to request a certified or uncertified copy of their formal driver’s record from the DC DMV. Your driver’s record is a compilation of your driving history for a period of time, whether that’s three years or the entire time that you’ve been on the road. It will include information about your license, withdrawals, citations, violations, and points accumulated on your license. While the DMV will typically only release records to the driver themselves, there are several exceptions where they will release the record to an authorized representative, like a United States Vehicle Registration Service team member.
What Driver’s Records Can You Request?
We can assist you with obtaining a certified or uncertified copy of:
- Your 3-year driver’s record
- Your 5-year driver’s record
- Your 10-year driver’s record
- Your full history driver’s record
Below is a list of the things we’ll need from you to help retrieve your driver’s record on your behalf:
- Documentation of your full name, Social Security number, and driver’s license number
- 2 photocopies of your DC driver’s license
- Completed Power of Attorney form: If you aren’t sure what this is or have trouble understanding how to fill it out, we can walk you through the process
- Written authorization from you declaring our right to retrieve your driver’s record
Accessing DC Drivers Records Is Easy with USVRS
USVRS is built around one concept—that your time is better spent anywhere but the Department of Motor Vehicles. We have mastered simplifying complex DMV processes, like requesting driver’s records, and confusing instructions into a seamless process that we’ll handle from start to finish. We specialize in helping our valued customers in Washington, D.C. including Spring Valley, Van Ness, and Dupont Circle. If you need a copy of your D.C. driving records, just give us a call! We’d love to give you back your time.