District Resident New Car Parking Permit
The world of DC parking permits is complex and almost impossible to understand even for lifetime Washington, D.C. residents. We are well-versed in all of the rules governing parking permits and can help you determine what parking permit you need and what you need to obtain that parking permit.
Is This the Right Parking Permit for You?
The DC DMV issues temporary parking permits that are valid for up to 45 days to District residents who purchase new or used cars from a dealership and have accompanying temporary tags. The district resident new car parking permit is free of charge (other than United States Vehicle Registration Service fees) and should be kept on the dashboard until a permanent vehicle registration sticker with the appropriate RPP information arrives.
This permit is right for you if:
- You are a District resident
- You live in a neighborhood that is zoned for Residential Parking Permits
- You purchased a new or used vehicle from a dealership
- You have temporary vehicle tags from the dealership where you purchased your car
If you need a new car temporary parking permit, you will need to gather several documents from your dealership.
- A valid temporary tag registration for the new or used vehicle
- Original or photocopy of your certificate of insurance. This document has to contain:
- The make of your car (Mercedes, Ford, Honda, etc.)
- VIN # (17 digits)
- Model (C 300, Fusion, Civic, etc.)
- Your current DC address
- Policy start date
- Policy end date
- Two copies of your DC DMV driver’s license
- You can only have one RPP displayed on your windshield at a time
- Temporary new car permits are not renewable since you are legally required to get your official tags within 45 days of purchasing the new car
- If you do not use streets that are zoned for RPP for parking or park in a garage, you do not need to get a temporary new car permit
District Resident New Car Parking Permits Are Easy with United States Vehicle Registration Service
United States Vehicle Registration Service is built around one concept—that your time is much better spent anywhere but the Department of Motor Vehicles. We have mastered simplifying complex DMV processes and confusing instructions into a seamless process that we’ll handle from start to finish. Whether you need a reciprocity parking permit or DC inspection services, we will come to you and take care of your task with same-day service available. We specialize in helping our valued customers in Washington, D.C. including Tenleytown, Palisades, and Van Ness. If you need a temporary new car parking permit, just give us a call! We’d love to give you back your time.