MD Registration Renewal
Maryland residents register their cars for 2-year periods, so the registration must be renewed after two years. Anyone who has an outstanding insurance violation or issue with the MVA will need to visit in person, or a USVRS representative can make the trip on their behalf. Instead of waiting in line yourself or dealing with the renewal process on your own, partner with United States Vehicle Registration Service for a smooth and simple process.
How Can Registration Be Renewed?
You can renew your registration through the MD MVA online, by phone, or at an MVA kiosk if your name, address, insurance, and vehicle information are the same as they were the last time that you registered. While you can update your address online prior to renewing your registration, if there are other changes since your initial registration you will probably not be able to renew online, by phone, or by self-service kiosk. Instead, you’ll need to make the trip to the MVA on your own, or you can hire a USVRS representative to do it for you.
To complete your MD registration renewal, we need the following documents:
- Vehicle registration card
- Current vehicle insurance card
- MD Power of Attorney form
- Photo copy of Drivers License
- Contact a USVRS representative for guidance on your specific case
- Registration renewal costs $17.00 through the MVA
- Administrative fees might be charged if your registration was withheld because you didn’t pay a traffic ticket or other fine
- If you renew your registration, you will get a single sticker for your license plate, but if you are getting new license plates entirely, you’ll get a month sticker and a year sticker
MD Registration Renewal Is Easy with USVRS
USVRS is built around one concept—that your time is better spent anywhere but the Department of Motor Vehicles. We have mastered simplifying the MD registration renewal, inspection, and MD emissions testing processes and know how to quickly and easily handle the process from start to finish, while you’re sitting on the couch or sitting at your desk. We specialize in helping our valued customers in Bethesda and Chevy Chase. If you need registration renewal, just give us a call! We’d love to give you back your time.