DC Duplicate Title
DC Duplicate Title Work
A vehicle’s title is a legal document showing that you are the rightful owner of a vehicle. Each vehicle title includes important information about the vehicle itself, including the VIN – the Vehicle Identification Number. Whenever you get a new vehicle or used vehicle, you will need to obtain a title for the car. However, if your title was lost or stolen, you need to get a duplicate title. United States Vehicle Registration Service can handle the process of applying for a duplicate title quickly and easily.
Below is a list of the things we’ll need from you to help complete the duplicate title process. Please read this list carefully and ensure that you have each item:
- 2 photocopies of your DC driver’s license
- One (1) of the following: A copy of your vehicle registration, vehicle renewal notice, vehicle identification number, DC DMV title number, or vehicle tag number
- Completed Power of Attorney form.
- Completed Certificate of Title/Temporary Tag Application: If you have trouble with either this or the Power of Attorney form, we can walk you through the process
- If you own the vehicle, but it was previously financed, leased, or otherwise had a lien on the title, you will need an original letter from your bank or lender stating the lien has been released
- If you are making payments on a loan or lease, you will need to also have a copy of the agreement available. Additional documentation may be necessary, so please reach out to us for more information
- A signed blank check made out to the DC Treasurer that will be used to pay for your title work and associated fees
Typically, your title will be mailed to you, your bank, or the leaseholder within 15 days of the service being completed. However, if you do not receive it after those business days, we will make a courtesy trip back to the DMV to ensure that the title has been mailed properly.
If you are only looking for the duplicate title to your vehicle and will not be operating it in the District, your vehicle will not technically need to be insured or pass inspection. However, if you want to operate the vehicle inside of the District, you will also need valid registration and inspection.
Looking for a New Title?
If you have never obtained the title for your vehicle and need to do so, please visit our DC Title Work page.
DC Duplicate Titles Are Easy with United States Vehicle Registration Service
United States Vehicle Registration Service has transformed the process of obtaining duplicate vehicle titles through the DMV as much as possible. You don’t have to worry about standing in line, bringing the wrong documents with you, or dealing with all of the headaches that a trip to the DMV typically involves.
United States Vehicle Registration Service is built around one concept—that your time is better spent anywhere but the Department of Motor Vehicles. We specialize in helping our valued customers in Washington, D.C. including Tenleytown, Palisades, and Van Ness. If you need a duplicate title, just give us a call! We’d love to give you back your time.