Visitor Parking Permit
The world of DC parking permits is complex and almost impossible to understand, even for lifetime Washington, D.C. residents. We are well-versed in all of the rules governing parking permits and can help you determine what parking permit you need, what you need to get that parking permit, and how to renew it once it’s time.
Is This the Right Parking Permit for You?
DC issues 15-day visitor parking permits for visitors to District residents free of charge at police stations or sub-stations where they reside. These permits are only issued to District residents deemed eligible and can only be used by their visitors.
This permit is right for you if:
- Are a valid District resident (someone who lives on a street in a designated Residential Parking Permit that has signs posted explaining the parking restrictions)
- Have a visitor coming to stay for 15 days or less
What If I Live Somewhere That Doesn’t Have Restricted Residential Parking?
You will not be eligible to receive a visitor parking permit for your guest. Instead, they will need to use the other designated public parking to park.
Before United States Vehicle Registration Service can take care of securing your visitor parking permit and visiting the police station or sub-station on your behalf, we need the following:
- 2 photocopies of your DC driver’s license
- A valid DC DMV vehicle registration card
- A current piece of proof of residency (a utility bill, lease, deed, voter registration card, or another approved document)
- A completed application for a visitor parking permit including the name and address of the user who will be receiving the permit and the state and tag number of their vehicle
- In order for a visitor parking permit to be valid, it must include the tag number of the visitor and car using the permit, the ward number of the valid District resident who obtained the permit, and the expiration date (15 days or less from the day that it was issued)
Visitor Parking Permits Are Easy with United States Vehicle Registration Service
United States Vehicle Registration Service is built around one concept—that your time is much better spent anywhere but the Department of Motor Vehicles. We have mastered simplifying complex DMV processes and confusing instructions into a seamless process that we’ll handle from start to finish. Whether you need a reciprocity parking permit or DC title work, we will come to you and take care of your task with same-day service available. We specialize in helping our valued customers in Washington, D.C. including Tenleytown, Palisades, and Van Ness. If you need a D.C. Visitor Parking Permit, just give us a call! We’d love to give you back your time.