Health Care Provider Parking Permit
The world of DC parking permits is complex and almost impossible to understand even for lifetime Washington, D.C. residents. We are well-versed in all of the rules governing parking permits and can help you determine what parking permit you need, what you need to get that parking permit, and how to renew it once it’s time.
Is This the Right Parking Permit for You?
The DC DMV issues health care provider parking permits that are renewable whenever a District resident in a neighborhood zoned for residential parking permits (RPPs) needs at-home nursing care. These permits will allow a health care provider to use the zoned parking area outside of the patient’s home. These permits are offered free of charge and are valid for up to 60 days. They can be renewed by resubmitting the same materials listed below.
This permit is right for your in-home health care provider if you:
- Are in need of at-home nursing care
- Live in a neighborhood that is zoned for residential parking permits
If you need to obtain a health care provider parking permit, US Vehicle Registration Service will need the following from you:
- 2 photocopies of your DC driver’s license
- 2 photocopies of the health care provider’s driver’s license
- A copy of the health care provider’s proof of insurance in their name
- A copy of the health care provider’s registration that clearly shows them as the registered owner
- Proof of residency of the person who needs home health care from the list of approved documents
- A statement, printed on a doctor’s letterhead, certifying that the resident has medical needs that require at-home care and naming the people who will be providing the care
Health Care Provider Parking Permits Are Easy with USVRS
USVRS is built around one concept—that your time is much better spent anywhere but the Department of Motor Vehicles. We have mastered simplifying complex DMV processes and confusing instructions into a seamless process that we’ll handle from start to finish. Whether you need a visitor parking permit or DC title work, we will come to you and take care of your task with same-day service available. We specialize in helping our valued customers in Washington, D.C. including Georgetown, Dupont Circle, and Cleveland Park. If you need a health care provider parking permit, just give us a call! We’d love to give you back your time.